Monday, January 26, 2009

The Sweetness Comes Later




In November 2008 my wife, Joy, and I travelled to Togo in West Africa to visit our son and his family. They live in Kara in northern Togo but work as missionaries in the villages around Kara. What we saw was eye opening and life changing.




I kept a daily journal during our 2+ weeks there. This blog is an electronic version of my journal. I will attempt to make posts every day or two, with each blog entry corresponding with one of my journal entries. However, be patient -- I am new at this and may miss occasionally.




Some introductions: Besides Joy and I, appearing regularly are my son Brett, his wife April, and their two sons -- Caden and Corban.




Oh yes, the title of today's entry is found on the wall of the building where the Christians at N'Djei worship. (See first photo.) The second photo is of us with the Christians at the Lassa Tchou church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darrel,
I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to set up an account to follow your blog but couldn't do it. I hope this one works. I want to see and hear all about your trip.
I am anxious to see you,Joy,Jo and Jim in March.
In HIM,
Nora