Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yaka Falls / Wednesday, November 19

Today was a "sightseeing" tour we have been looking forward to -- Yaka Falls. We traveled well into bush country, and then started to hike to the falls. It was an arduous journey through grasslands and rocky trails -- heaven help us if someone twists an ankle! Caden stuck with his daddy while Joy and I stuck with each other. I was really proud of Joy although I wish she had worn better shoes. She was a trooper during the 1-2 mile trek over rough terrain. We were greatly rewarded for our efforts -- a beautiful waterfall -- one that very few Americans have, or will ever, see. Sometimes God hides His creations and makes you work for them. His handiwork was fully evident here at Yaka Falls.

I worked on pictures in the afternoon. One 2 gb card full and one to go. Actually, I also have a 250 gb external hard drive so I shouldn't run short of memory. The evening was a time for rest and enjoying being with each other. Did I mention it's getting HOTTER!

Good night.
The terrain was rather rugged.
Brett and Caden lead the way.

Like most boys, Caden likes to collect rocks.


Views of Yaka Falls .... worth the hike!














No comments: